We're finished! My group and I are teaching this week. It is exciting to see our finished product, and how everything came together. It took a good amount of planning, discussing, writing, and revising but it does eventually get done. I am excited for Wednesday to get up and teach. Our group had a good time planning and preparing this lesson, so hopefully that shows in our lesson. I am also a little nervous because we are new at this whole teaching thing. We have our lessons planned but it is impossible to know if everything will work out as planned- and that is what makes me a little nervous. Overall though, I know this is a learning experience so I’m prepared to learn things that work and things that do not. I think I am ready for Wednesday.
I think what I learned most looking back on the past couple of weeks is the amount of planning and work goes into just one lesson plan. There are thousands of things to consider, and you really do have to consider them all. Last week, when we thought we were pretty much done, we met with Shannon and she had has think of things we did not even really consider- but were necessary to think about. Without doing so, I don’t think we could say our lesson is complete and ready to be taught. I think this project has made us all realize the amount of work we will have ahead of us but I also seeing and applying our finished projects will make us excited for what is ahead of us.



Bethany - Great job last night! I thought the conversation at the end of the American Born Chinese fishbowl activity really picked up and most people seemed involved and interested in the conversation about identity from outside influences. I am amazed by how much work goes into creative a 2.5 + hour lesson!
ReplyDelete